Direct Dialing Re-direction

Answered Question
Sep 9th, 2009

Scenario:

Call Blast 1: Phones A,B,C

Call Blast 2: cellphone 1, cellphone2

Currently, under the incoming dial plan, i have the mainline number being directed to the call blast 1 group. However, i would like to switch it to call blast 2 group after 6pm in the evening. I was wondering if there was a command in the cli or some script to switch these call blast assignments after 6pm everyday?

I am already aware that the AA can be scheduled for work and business hrs, but the client is not keen on having his clients press a menu option as yet since he doesnt have a customized script in hand.

Any ideas?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Steven Smith about 7 years 4 months ago

Do it like this.

ephone-dn  32  dual-line
number 750 no-reg both
label Dummy
description 750
name 750
call-forward all 701

call-forward night-service 702

Don't use night service bell.

Correct Answer by Steven Smith about 7 years 4 months ago

Here is how I would do it.

The call originally goes to a dummy ephone-dn.  That DN is CFA to a blast group.  That DN is CF Night Service to the other group.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmetrans.html#wp1106036

Hope that helps.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
murtazashikarii Wed, 09/09/2009 - 14:55

Steven,

i set up this dummy ephone-dn 32:

ephone-dn  32  dual-line
number 750 no-reg both
label Dummy
description 750
name 750
call-forward all 701
night-service bell

and did the call forward all to the 1st Call Blast Grp (701). Tested it and worked!

Coming to the night service... i enabled the night service bell on that ephone-dn 32.

I have the 2nd Call Blast Grp (702) that needs to ring during the night service duration ... how do i enable that? do i need to enable night-service bell under the ephone-dn for the call blast grp 2 or how is this to be achieved?

Correct Answer
Steven Smith Wed, 09/09/2009 - 15:15

Do it like this.

ephone-dn  32  dual-line
number 750 no-reg both
label Dummy
description 750
name 750
call-forward all 701

call-forward night-service 702

Don't use night service bell.

murtazashikarii Wed, 09/09/2009 - 15:59

when i enable the nightservice, for some reason, the extensions assigned on callblast grp 1(day) ring once and stop. do you know why this is?

Steven Smith Wed, 09/09/2009 - 16:05

You would need to post the config for that.  Go ahead and tell me how the call routing works and I will take a look.

murtazashikarii Wed, 09/09/2009 - 15:08

Or better, how can i assign the extensions (say a call blast group extension) on which the night service should be activated? i know how to enable a particular ephone for this, but how can i achieve this where the call blast extension kicks in during the night service?