cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 x64 VT camera II drivers

pmeadows1
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where I can get the Windows 7 x64 drivers for the VT camera II? If not, where can I get the Vista x64 drivers? Thank you.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

cowboy7381
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco VT Camera II and the Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 are devices that don't have drivers past Windows Vista. However, I downloaded the drivers for the Webcam Pro 9000 and was able to get my Cisco VT Camera II working on my computer running Windows 8.1. It was as simple as installing the driver, going into device manager -> Updated Driver Software -> Browse -> Let Me Pick From a List -> select Imaging Devices -> Chose Logitech and select the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000.

View solution in original post

cowboy7381,

This is 100% Total Problem Resolution!

(I had to complete the installation for, Logitech's Webcam Pro 9000 software suite, before Logitech -> Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 would appear in the List to Pick From).
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/3056?section=downloads&bit=&osid=23

Once the process has been completed, all audio, video, and Webcam functions work flawlessly.

I have since tested, and proven, the Webcam's functionality with the following programs & OS:

• Cisco Jabber
  • Logitech's Webcam Pro 9000 software suite
  • Windows 8.1
  • Windows 8
  • Windows7 x32
  • Windows7 x64

June 2014. This solution does indeed work.

I followed the link to download the drivers provided by chnoble4400. Also needed to follow device manager steps outlined by cowboy7381. Thank you very much!

Thanks a lot cowboy7381 and chnoble4400

Works as described on Windows 7 64-bit :) 

Download link used was http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/webcam-pro-9000#download

Procedure same as listed earlier. Still listing a bit detailed.

Click on Windows under Downloads to start the download of the software. While installing it prompts to plug in the USB Camera. Once plugged in the windows will try to install the software and say device not recognised. That is fine. Continue to install the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 software. Once completed installation then go to Control Panel - Device Manager - Imaging devices - select Logitech in left hand column and select the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 in right hand column. 

NOTE: If you do not see the Device Manager under Control Panel, you need to change the View by from Category to Small icons.

Once installed the webcam works a charm :)

Works fine with Webex, Jabber

Regards,
Sagar

34 Replies 34

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The driver doesn't support any 64-bit OS.

HTH,

jerry

So you are telling me that there is no way that this device will work on a 64 bit OS at all?

yep, does'n work.

other way it's

at boot time, disable the signature drivers requiered.

then, install the driver using the Compatibility Mode with Windows XP SP2 or SP3, then you could install the driver.

hope that's fix your problem.

greeting.s

There is cuva-Admin-fmr.2-3-1.zip available for download on Software Downloads at cisco.com, posted 29-Nov-2012. It says that the file would contain a driver for VT Camera II. Somebody had chance to try this on Windows 7 x64? My current CCO-privileges don't allow download this software.

Cisco Unified Video Advantage 2.3(1)- Includes 2 installers: application and Cisco VT Camera II driver

cuva-Admin-fmr.2-3-1.zip

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=278781226&softwareid=282074313&release=2.3(1)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

All official drivers are 32 bit only.  There are no official 64 bit drivers for the CUVA cameras.

Ok, I see. Anyway, the trick with Logitech drivers worked fine for me. I used qc1051enu_x64.exe in my specific case.

Really!  That's great news.  For the longest time, the Cisco PID/VID of the OEMed logitech device was not included in the standard Logitech Drivers, despite the fact that the hardware is close to identical, otherwise.

It would seem that the 11.1 supported it, 11.8 did not.  Which version package did you download?

I would be interested to know if the VT Camera I is also supported by the most recent release of the drivers of it's logitech cousin.

The VT Camera 2 is a variant of the Quickcam Pro 5000. (Dark grey)

The VT Camera 1 (or just VT Camera) is a variant of the Quickcam Pro 4000. (Light Grey)

Please, note the definition "trick" in my previous message

Indeed, I had to edit the .inf-file and change 08CE to 08C7 or something like that (see the exact procedure in the messages below). After that the drivers installed without any problems.

I downloaded and succesfully installed qc1051enu_x64.exe which is version 10.5 I guess? Before that I tried qc1190_x64.exe but it wouldn't install even after the inf-file was hacked.

My camera is VT II, the dark grey one. So it detects as Quickcam Pro 5000 after installation.

nelcnetworks
Level 4
Level 4

There is an unsupported workaround for this.

I have tried it and it works but it doesn't let the video advantage work with anything except an IP Communicator. The solution is as follows

1)  Download the latest driver from Logitech's website for Vista x64 for the QCP 5000.

2)  From a non-Windows 7 PC (or from XP Mode), run the installer.  Let it extract all of the files, and DO NOT PROCEED through the installation process (or if it errors, keep the error message open).  Go to the Temp folder where the files were extracted (in my case, in XP Mode, it was C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp\QuickCam_11.1.0)  COPY (don't Move) this folder to a location that's accessible to your Windows 7 system.

3a)  For Cisco VT users, go into the \QuickCam_11.1.0\Drivers\x64\PRO464 folder and edit the lPRO464v.ini file.  Do a find-and-replace, finding 08C5 and replacing it with 08C7 (this essentially makes the ini file identify your Cisco VT device ID as a QCP 5000).  Save and close the ini file.

3b)  Go into Devices and Printers.  Go into the properties for the USB Composite Device, find the Unknown Composite Device, and update the driver.  Select to manually specify the driver location.  Point it to the \QuickCam_11.1.0\Drivers\x64\PRO464 folder, and you should be all set.

Hope it helps

Thanks!

Hacking the Vista x64 for the QCP 5000 driver works.

Sweet relief!  Thanks!

I had tried to do this a while back, with no success.  Kudos to you.

Additional note.

I had to download ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/quickcam/qc1051enu_x64.exe, which is an older version of the drivers, and complete the same steps in the PRO364 folder (as opposed to PRO464).

Do you know of a way to get XP Pro x64 to recognise the VT Camera II ?

Although not supported, you can probably force-install the Logitech Quickcam 5000 XP 64-bit drivers using a variation of the instructions posted above, either by hacking the INF file or using the advanced install process to install unsupported drivers.

There are no official Windows XP 64 bit drivers for the Cisco VT Camera II.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: