LAP1131 oddity connecting

Unanswered Question

Sorry if this a repost. I have 43 LAP 1131 connected to a WLC. Recently 1 LAP disaasociated and will not get back on line except for....

When I place a cheepo dlink switch between the LAP and the 2950 (which all ap's connect to) the LAP associates and all is grand. I have brought the device back to factory defaults, connected to the WLC (via the dlink workaround) and the WLC reloads the proper image. I can then rename the AP and all works ok untill I connect the LAP directly to the 2950. the console port tells me that the ethernet port is down, and will not go back up, unless i put the dlink in between. What can be happening here, al lwas working for 2 years with this AP, and now this oddity. for clarity:

AP originally connected to a 2950, receieving power via a POE. then the AP goes off line. after hours of back and forth, I tried the dlink connected to the same 2950 port, and the Lap to the DLink. This is the only way I can gets this AP to assoiciate, but is certainly not the fix. What could be happening here. Your advice is greatly appreciated

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Wed, 09/09/2009 - 16:30

The only thing I can think of is the type of cable. I belive the D-Link is MDI/MDIX but the 2950 isn't.

Another thing is the configuration of the ports in the 2950 from access port to trunks.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't believe its either thought as, I have moved the LAP to a place where there is a working AP. And I get the same results. Logic tells me its gotta be the LAP, but why in the world will it work connected to the Dlink. Also is there a way to manually config the LAP Ethernet port, rather than auto negotiate? Just trying to rule things out here. Cause when connected to the Dlink the LAP auto negotiates pretty quickly and when connected to the 2950, she times out and won't come back up.

Actions

This Discussion