bmcghee
Level 1
Level 1

It total crap, very buggy!

6 Replies 6

bmcghee
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info, I ran the HP hardware check and no errors where reported. I have open cases for both major issues I've had (cucm pub locking up and not saving phone changes and cuc clustering just all messed up) and will report back with the results. I'll keep the hardware in mind and will double check that as well......

I take back what I said about 7.1.2, the issue was something I've never ran into with UC server's. Speed and Duplex, I'll NEVER hard code the NIC's speed and duplex on any UC server again :) Caused all kinds of weird/buggy problems....

Wow. I usually leave it set to Auto on the CUCM linux side. I will hardcode VG devices though.

That's a bummer. Could still be a bug though. I have 7835 plugged into a 6509 and I had to turn off CDP. Kept flickering the log files with duplex mismatch errors, even though it's not an error. Known bug apparently.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not much of a post. I have it loaded on a 6 cluster and so far so good. It's replicating over 1500 miles between pub and subscribers with no issues in DBs. CTIs and staying registerd with UCCX servers.

What type of issues are you having? Was it a new install or an upgrade from? and was that version a fresh install or DMA from 4.x?

I have found that if you know the history of the cluster, you can get a lot of information about the health of any CUCM cluster.

lol.. sorry had a long week working with this version and am a bit frustrated with it. I'm working on a brand new install and was recommended to use the latest version 7.1.2 and I figured patch it with the latest patch so new install running version 7.1.2a SU1 on three cucm's and two cuc's. So far I had issues clustering the cuc server's although this may be hardware related, not sure yet working with TAC on it. Running on CUCM I noticed that when I changed the MAC address of a phone on the publisher and save that it locks up. I can change the mac address fine on the subscriber but the pub locks up. Not sure about any other phone changes if its the same results but so far a week into the install and I've seen some buggy behavior with it. runnig it on 7835H2's.....

check the DIMMS on the system board. I had an issue with CUCMBE. It kept locking up on me and I couldnt figure it out for the life of me. I had to have someone go to the server and power it off and power it back on. When it came back up, it ran fine until I did some change to the database. Turns out, the system was reporting the bad hardware but nothing in CUCM logs were showing it. There was a red light on the front of the server and if open up the cover, the light next to a DIMM was flashing. Cant remember if it was DIMM or bad system board.

I only have this one 7.1.2 SU1 running. I had an issue with 7.02 latest after I DMA from 4.2, but I think it was fault. I changed the name and IP address and it was not in the correct order. The cluster could never replicate correctly. But after I upgraded to 7.1.2 SU1, it was fine and fixed all the dead orphans in the database (I assume!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: