cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need urgent help for M-BGP

Rupesh Kashyap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, on my router, normal BGP was configured. By mistake, I used neibhor 2.2.2.2 activate command and it enabled M-Bgp & migrated all bgp policy into

"address-family ipv4". Will it create any problem in normal routing? Is it necessary to enable same command on ISP P router also? Please help.

4 Replies 4

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It will not change anything. AF IPv4 unicast is the default one anyway so you don't need to change the peer BGP configuration.

If you don't feel comfortable with this configuration, you can re-configure the original one.

HTH

Laurent.

thanks sir.

Hi, how can I revert back to original one. Should I use " no address-family ipv4" or " no neibhor 2.2.2.2 activate" command. My motto is not to disturb existing policies. Please suggest.

I made a quick test and none of your suggested commands work. It seems the only way is to completely remove the BGP config (no router bgp ) and re-apply the good one.

In any case, the session will reset.

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: