Views
Helpful
Replies

queue position

michaldub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a script where I'd like to play the queue position to the user while waiting. basically there is:

:waitcustomer=get reporting statistics (--trigerring contact--,Position in queue[CSQ] from CSQ IPCC Express)

:Play prompt (--trigerring contact--, wait)

But it doesnt work :-(, i need to pass a parameter from get reporting statistics to "wait" so that it can play wait1 or wait2 and so on based on the position.

Anyone please???

thanks

6 Replies 6

harris.h
Level 1
Level 1

What are your requirements for the script, are you using the system generated voice or are you using your own recorded position in queue messages.

For example, we will only allow 9 calls in queue, based on customers position, we will play our own generated wav's, evaluated with if statements.

You could post snippet from your script up here for analysis.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I am using my own recordings. The main idea is to let callers know what their position is. Maximum number of people in the queue is 10.

here is a short snippet of the code, hope it helps.

queueLoop:

waitCustomer = Get Reporting Statistic (--Triggering C

ontact--, Position in Queue[CSQ ] from CSQ IPCC Expre

ss)

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, wait )

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, Music)

If (pocetMenu>=10) Then

True

Dequeue (--Triggering Contact-- from ChosenQueue)

Goto Recording

End

dont know if this will help,

Guess there are better, more slick ways, but this is what we have.

Do you have a sample template that also includes what the variables should say.

Thanks

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

First, you might want to consider creating a sub-flow to do this as this kind of 'feature' is very common. You can use it again in other scripts.

Second, you can use the built-in system prompts to play numbers (5) or ordinals (5th) by using the N[5] or #[5] identifiers respectively. They play in the 'Cisco Lady's' voice.

If you require your own voice talent to say the number/ordinal then consider just 'creating' the wav file name by concatination.

Ex.

intWaitCustomer = 5;

prmtYouAre = 'YouAre.wav';

prmtInQueue = 'InQueue.wav';

!Use a Container Prompt Step for this bit

prmtWait =

prmtYouAre

"Wait" + intWaitCustomer.toString() + ".wav" (as User Prompt)

prmtInQueue

PlayPrompt (prmtWait)

Alternatively, this works too.

prmtWait =

prmtYouAre

#[intWaitCustomer] (as System Prompt)

prmtInQueue

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Thanks will try, hope it'll work...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: