UCCE CAD in VMWare CDI In A Production Environment

Unanswered Question

Does anyone know if CAD (UCCE CAD Agent & Supervisor desktop) will work with VMWare CDI in a production environment or if there is a Cisco road map for CAD being converted to work on VMWare VDI? If not CAD, is it on the CTIOS desktop road map?

I know that CAD will work in Citrix MetaFrame (v4.9, ICA Win32 Program Neighbourhood/Agent) and MS Terminal Services (2003 Server), but the customer prefers VMWare and is planning to roll it out as part of the call center roll-out.

My customer needs a client that works on a agent desktop (so IP Phone agent is out) as they plan to interface it to a future desktop the will develop 2010/11 for simple screen pop.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven Griffin Thu, 09/10/2009 - 08:09

I use CAD in VMWare Workstation all the time for development purposes. I am fairly certain the call control and other HTTP pop-up features would work just fine.

It would be the monitoring and recording bit that would likely not work via CAD in VMWare. You'd need to consider using SPAN/RSPAN to capture the RTP streams at the server level.

Thanks for that uscitizen. I too have used VMWare in lab/training environments, but wonder if anyone has experience in a production environment with 100s of agents? I expect it is feasable, but wonder if there are any "gotchas" or things that must be taken into account? For example, does anyone have any guidance on sizing?

A real world production example would be useful.

This Discussion