Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 3.2 + Windows 2008 Server Enterprise SP1

terry_leong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All Expert,

Good Day.

Due to i'm very new in LMS, so I would like to seek for your expertise to solve my problem.

After i installed the Cisco LMS 3.2 and double click the CiscoWork Application Icon, but it failed to load.

During the installation, i click all option item to install and type all password. Where i miss or what kind of windows service must enable first before starting the LMS 3.2.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Terry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your next step is to completely uninstall all of LMS, and start again. None of the databases were installed nor was the central daemon for Campus Manager. The entire installation is a failure.

Before reinstalling, set the TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP).

Do the installation as the local Administrator on the server's console.

Disable anti-virus software for the installation in addition to Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP). DEP can be disabled in the System control panel.

If you do those things before the installation, things should go much better.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On Windows 2008, you need to make sure you manually configure the swap space before LMS can start. To do this, go to the System control panel, and click on Advanced system settings. Click the Settings... button under Performance, select the Advanced tab, and change the swap settings. Select Custom Size, and specify at least 2048 MB for the min, and at least 4095 MB for the max. The max should be in line with the recommended minimum from the LMS documentation.

Once swap is configured, reboot, and LMS should start.

Dear Jclarke,

Appreciate your information.

Now i'm able to login but another problem come out. I plan to use campus manager to discover my network device, but i dont know why my 2 server - JRM & DCR Server are Down. Please refer the attachment.

How to make them up !? Seem these 2 server not up, my CM unable to discover my cisco device.

Please kindly assist me. (^_^)

regards

Terry

Post the output of the pdshow command.

Dear Jckarje,

Good Day.

Can you guide me how to get the pdshow output??

FYI - i only installed few module -

CS, LMS Portal, Ciscoworks Assistant & campus manager. is it related ?

Regards

terry

From the DOS prompt, type the command:

pdshow > pdshow.txt

Then post the pdshow.txt file.

Dear Jclarke,

Great to receive your update.

Please refer the attachment.

Kindly assist me. (^_^)

Regards

terry

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the DCRServer.log and dcr.log.

Nevermind. This installation looks totally bad. Exactly what did you install on this server?

Hi Jclarke,

i only install few modules -

CS, LMS Portal, Ciscoworks Assistant & campus manager.

Please refer the attachment as your request early.

What is my next step !?

Please help.

Regards

terry

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your next step is to completely uninstall all of LMS, and start again. None of the databases were installed nor was the central daemon for Campus Manager. The entire installation is a failure.

Before reinstalling, set the TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP).

Do the installation as the local Administrator on the server's console.

Disable anti-virus software for the installation in addition to Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP). DEP can be disabled in the System control panel.

If you do those things before the installation, things should go much better.

I think i only have to try that way.

Is it always better to use typical installation !?

Please advice.

Regards

Terry

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typical or custom does not matter provided the destination has enough disk space. The steps I mentioned in my previous post are just best practices for any Windows installation of LMS.

Dear Jclarke,

Good Day.

Appreciate your solution, now i'm able to install the Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 properly, and able to auto discovery the device.

May I seek for your advice for another question = the auto discovery for the Cisco Access point !?

My LMS 3.2 able to detect my AP(Air-Lap1131AG-C-K9) device, but unreachable.

I can't find the place to configure AP(Lightweight mode) for SNMP via controller, can you guide me is it having any other way to configure the AP and it let LMS to reach AP.

Please refer the attachment.

Regards

Terry

LMS does not support LWAPP APs. These should be managed by WLC/WCS. Standalone APs are SNMP-reachable, and can be managed by LMS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: