cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 Newbie Modify Subscriber Info??

Charlie Mayes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I changed a user's 7942 IP phone another 7942 phone. I then remove the other name in call manager and typed in the current users name. I then went into the Unity System and now need to modify the subscriber info and reset the password. Everything seems like it is Grayed OUT. How do I remove the old user's info and enter the new user's info? Thanks.

10 Replies 10

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Unity subscriber is tied to an Active Directory user. You can change the name in AD and it will show up in Unity.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I understand but this is the problem. The user already has an account in AD which is tied to another EXT. If I change the name in AD there will be a duplicate name because of this. I hope I a understand you right. Is there a special tab in AD I need to look for to do this.?

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So, sounds like you need to delete the Unity accounts and reimport from AD using the proper extensions.

Brandon

I read that in a book but thought there was an easier way to do it. Yes you are talking about the Bulk import tool. I can't beleive there is not a modify button or something. Weird! Also how do I reset password for Unity that are tied to AD?

You wouldn't need to use Bullk Import in this case. Just delete the 2 subscriber accounts using the Unity web admin. Then add a new subscriber and choose "Import existing Exchange user". If you want to reset the voicemail box password, you can go to Subscribers > Phone Password in Unity admin.

Brandon

Got you. Thanks.

is the password grayed out??

I don't think the password is gray out. Let me check.

No it is not grayed out so I should be able to reset there in Unity right.

correct

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: