cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVL200 Virtual passage to work on windows 7?

mjruotolo
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone able to get Virtual passage to work on windows 7?  I have a RVL200 and it cant install VPN software.  I got off the phone with cisco and said they dont support it becuase its still in beta which it is not.  I has been released to MSDN subscribers

4 Replies 4

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Morning,

The RVL200 router only does SSL, which is a client less VPN connection.  You should not have to install the QVPN software on the PC.  Just because software has been released to a select group of people (Beta) does not mean it is supported yet.

You can look for more support fro Windows7 after it is released to the general public later this year.

If you are having problems about getting the RVL200 to work on supported OS, then you need to call the SBSC at 866-606-1866

Have a great day :)

How does it work clent less.  I am a bit confused.  I have always used the virual passage installer

Thanks

Mike

Try this for reading

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rvl200/administration/guide/RVL200_V10_UG_C_WEB.pdf

Look at page 6 for the setup needed to get the router to allow access thru a web page.

Then check page 40 for setting up the SSL connection for your machine

Let me know if this helps you out

I have read through it but it talks about virutal passage.  I go and log in to the portal page and it wants me to click on the lock which installs virtual passage. Which doesnt run on windows 7.  I feel like an idot i dont understand i cant seem to find the client less option

Thanks

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: