Views
Helpful
Replies

877 ADSL2+

petenixon
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

My 877 routers dsl mode is set to ADSL2+ and a sh dsl int atm0 displays 2 downstream channels and 2 upstream rather than the usual Fast and Interleave that i'm used to. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two channels and if there is any differences between adsl2+ showing channels only and dsl that shows fast and interleaving.

Thanks guys!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ADSL2+ can use alternative/overlapping bands depending by detected cross-talk from adjacent pairs in the binder. The details are contained in the official standard but require specialized knowledge to be fully understood.

In your case the router is simply indicating which band(s) are being used and everything appears OK.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please post the complete show dsl int atm0 for better understanding.

here is the output of the sh command

edit: also i don't mean the difference between upstream and downstream!! the difference between channel 0 and channel 1.

thanks

ADSL2+ can use alternative/overlapping bands depending by detected cross-talk from adjacent pairs in the binder. The details are contained in the official standard but require specialized knowledge to be fully understood.

In your case the router is simply indicating which band(s) are being used and everything appears OK.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card