cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Select CiscoIPPhoneMenu Item

ross.judith
Level 1
Level 1

I saw a post similar to this that was two years old. There wasn't really an solution to that question, so I am posting this version of the question. Is there a way to programmatically select an item in a CiscoIPMenu item based on what the user selected previously? The scenario is that someone selects an item in the menu, presses a detail button, and the presses an exit button on the detail page to return to the original menu list. The caveat is that the original menu list may have changed, so we need to reload the previous page instead of just using SoftKey:Exit to reload the most recent history. The highlighted menu item defaults back to the top of the list after the page load, and our user is not happy with that. Since there does not seem to be a direct way to do it on the XML object, I was looking at somehow programmatically pressing the keypad for the user but can't figure out how to coordinate this with the page reload for the menu list. Am I overlooking something simple. Has anyone found a resolution to this problem?

Thanks,

-Judy

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you tried a CiscoIPPhoneExecute with uri Key:KeypadX?

Though, I suspect that would just lead to the menu item being selected again.

But there's also Key:NavDown.

So I figure you might be able to send the appropriate number of Key:NavDown commands to the phone. In order to have this done in suitable speed, you should limit the number of menu items, and have a server side (J)TAPI app which pushes the keys to the phone.. as the http push requires authentication and that slows things down too much.

Note sure if the effort is worth it though and if you can really achive fast enough operation.

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can use Cisco CUAE development tool for IP phone application. It's very easy and you can design many applications in shot time.

Regards,

Umesh