cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallConnector Client, Vista x64

cmonks
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any news on a CallConnector client that works with Vista x64? Tried the latest version available on the cisco site, and it doesn't work.

27 Replies 27

From an internal discussion:

"Unified CallConnector for Microsoft Office: the server application runs today in 64 bit mode, and the client with UCC Server work in 64bit mode except for
one open issue in IE with sidebar window.

UCC Client running in TAPI mode is not supported today, as the TAPI client itself needs to be 64 bit version, which it is not. We have not seen enough requests for this"

Thanks,

Marcos

Well I, and i'm sure many others on this board, would like to formally make a request for it. We are seeing more and more x64 installs, and the lack of x64 support is getting concerning.

Just to clarify, are you saying that CallConnector will not work in TAPI mode in x64, but will work if a CallConnector Server is installed (and the client connects to the server instead of the phone via TAPI)?

I have forwarded your request to the UCC product team.

Thanks,

marcos

I second cmonks request 64-bit request. All pre-booked Win 7 deployments will be 64-bit.

I wish we could get 64Bit for Windows, I had to downgrade my system to support this; very dissappointed.

Check out the RAM I'm loosing and ask why people need 64 bit.....

We need this x64 features too. All our new Systems will be Win7 x64 because we need more than 3.5 GB of memory. So please face the facts, the x64 market is growing and it's the future, especially in bussiness.

So port you TAPI client to 64 bit. This shouldn't be that difficult!

Any news on this? We too have customers which will be upgrading to Windows 7 64bit that would like to use the connector.

We have now for almost 12 month a Cisco UC520 and it is just a desaster, because basic functionality and usability cannot be established due to a missing Callconnector for x64!

"... We have not seen enough requests for this" - what a statement! Most technical, scientific and/or graphical work is done on x64 OSes. The main problem seems to be that Cisco is not a reliable partner for the SMB market. Sad but true, most vendors have already provided drivers and updates for x64 Windows.

I have to face that the decision purchasing Cisco's UC520 was totally wrong and the worth investment I have ever made!

john
Level 1
Level 1

That would be great.  Have had some upset customers about the inability to run on 64-bit.

Hi,

We are also planning to deploy Windows 7 only in x64. That is bad, that the Call Connector is still not available in 64 bit mode.

Greetings.

PS: we have 240 clients, that are thinking of implementing Cisco UC-540. The TAPI functionality is a must for them.

rob.magrath
Level 1
Level 1

Not enough interest? I would like to see a 64 bit version. We've just rolled out to a new site where they are using Windows 64 bit and now they cannot use the call connector client.

Unfortunately, Cisco is not giving any answer or statement towards this topic for some time now.

This behaviour and attitude is showing that Cisco is not a reliable partner for the SMB market.

People not running a Win 32bit OS are lost with a very unsatisfying VOIP-solution. The benefit from a user point of view is simply nothing!

Why Cisco is not making any offer upgrading towards the not "express" version of the CallConnector in order to solve this bottle-neck?

Hi bheinekamp,

If you look at the history of how Cisco has worked in the past, you will see that most of their product decisions have been based on market demand, whilst 64bit is on the rise and will most likely be a dominant operating system platform in the future, it has not been in the past, thus not a big enough demand to port over 32bit code to a 64bit environment.

Marcos has made a simple statement that there was not enough demand, fair enough, there have been quite a few responses so far to having a 64bit client created, but you need to keep in mind that the post on this forum do not accurately reflect the actual market, it may be a good representation and a fantastic reference point for Cisco to work of in making product development decisions.

However i note that some need to restrain their frustration and not take it out on Marcos, we need to remember he is here to try and help us along with the other Cisco representatives, we only need to display out interest in the 64bit client with a courteous manner and i am sure he will run to the BU and request for a 64bit client with his heart in his hand on our behalf.

There are many things Cisco need to catch up on to equal or stay ahead of their competitors, and i am sure they are aware of this, we as Cisco partners/vars/dealers need to show patience, and as it has before in the past things will turn out for the best :)

I look forward to a 64bit client myself, when the development team have finished making one that will just work and not take up so much of my time debugging issues and wasting TAC's time.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

thanks for your interpretation of Cisco's standpoint. I do not blame Marcos for anything and as a owner of an UC520 I appreciate that there is at least a little bit of care.

We are an engineering/design office and for us it is essential to address more than 3.x GB main memory, otherwise we can simply not work anymore. Do not get me wrong, a phone system is for our daily work important, but more important is that our CAD systems can handle the large data-sets. In fact, all second grade systems (printers, plotters, software,...) have to be compatible towards our infrastructure.

The current situation is that our UC520 can not be integrated in Outlook to make a simple call. Every contact phone number has to be typed in manually like there is no connection between workstation and phone. This is not voip nor unified communication this is just a simple misery! Any simple phone from a supermarket can do this. Maybe the UC520 is in some areas a pretty good package, for my co-workers it is not worth it.

Unfortunately, Cisco is not stating clearly as information that the use is not possible for x64, Mac,..!

We have purchased a complete UC520 systems and it is inefficient and we do not want to wait anymore for the Cisco being so kind to make our system productive and useful.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: