cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

port monitoring or SPAN on UC520

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Is there a way to do this? The "monitor session" and "port monitor" commands aren't available on a UC520 running IOS 12.4(11)XW.

Thanks,

Diego

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. The switch on UC520 is a "dumb" one.

View solution in original post

Hi Diego,

I just tested XW and XW6 and they both have the command on the router by default. I'm not sure what you may have configured on your router to prevent this. You are looking in global config mode right?

-nick

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. The switch on UC520 is a "dumb" one.

Thank you sir. I guess I can't stop searching now.

Diego

Hi Diego,

You can do this - I just checked on my UC520 here in the lab on 12.4(20)T. I believe the functionality existed before, but don't have a UC520 on 12.4(11)XW to confirm.

Also - on the CE520, you can also run it.

Go to: http://192.168.1.1/exec/

From there you can 'conf t' and configure it via CLI, like any other IOS switch. It has reduced capabilities, but it can still SPAN.

hth,

nick

Hi Nick,

Not sure what you are suggesting. I know how to get to the CLI. What I am looking for are the commands needed to turn on SPAN. It doesn't look like the UC520 hardware/software support them.

Thanks,

Diego

What Nick is saying, he can enter span commands with a newer IOS.

I'm also surprised by that, but it's something certainly worth a try.

OK, I'm game. I will look for an upgrade and try again.

Thanks,

Diego

Hi Diego,

I just tested XW and XW6 and they both have the command on the router by default. I'm not sure what you may have configured on your router to prevent this. You are looking in global config mode right?

-nick

yes, you are right, the commands are there. Not sure what I was doing that I didn't see them before.

Thank you very much.

Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: