Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot launch LMS after upgrade 3.1 -> 3.2

s.fasel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I upgraded my LMS 3.1 (Solaris) to version 3.2 yesterday. But now I cannot launch it. Getting error HTTP Status 404 - /cwportal/c/portal/login.

I have try this:

"Shutdown Daemon Manager, then delete NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwportal/db/portal.*. Then copy all files from NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwportal/db/orig to NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwportal/db. Verify that the casusers group has full control over the newly copied files. then restart Daemon Manager."

but I have always the same problem.

I have try from different browsers and clients, but I have always the same http notification.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

Samuel

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The upgrade may not have succeeded. Post a screenshot of the error, and the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

Here are the files: screenshot of the error and the tomcat logs

As I suspected, the portal installation is bad. Typically, in this case, it is best to uninstall LMS, then reinstall from scratch, then restore your LMS 3.1 backup (which was taken when you first upgraded to 3.2).

I have reinstalled the LMS 3.1 and restored my LMS 3.1 backup. Now the portal is ok.

But I have an another problem with User Tracking. The devices connected on my Catalysts 2924XL (IOS 120-5.WC8) are not discover during major acquisitions. At the first major acquisition (just after the restoration), it was ok, but during the next acquisitions, no update.

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot

Sam

Please start a new thread for the UT issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco