Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Far Away Redundancy

mcecilia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have read in documentation that, more than 2 ms away redundancy has to be provided wih cold standby servers. Do you know any way two have warm stand by, do not mind if the configs have to be manually replicated?

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All current versions of CCX (5.x and 7.x) only support warm standby in a local LAN deployment.

UCM does support multiple CCX clusters if you configure everything properly. These are entirely separate from every perspective however and in reality is not viable for a fail over solution:

-Requires purchase of a second copy of all licenses (node, agent, etc)

-No replication between clusters: configuration, reporting, scripts, etc all must be configured twice.

-No automatic fail over from one cluster to another. The closest option would be CFB on the CTI Route Points on the first cluster. This does not guarantee a fail over though. Only certain call scenarios would catch the CFB.

-Agents would need to modify postinstall.exe on their PCs manually to log in to the second cluster.

Either do cold standby for now; or, wait until 8.0 for HAoWAN.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You misread the documentation. The 2ms latency requirement is for warm standby deployment scenarios and there is no way around this. Cold standby does not have this requirement and does involve manual data restoration.

Be advised that cold standby will no longer be supported beginning in 8.0. Starting next year, warm standby will be the only supported scenario and will have LAN- and WAN-based deployment scenarios. Additional information will be available when the product reaches FCS in Q1CY10.

hello,

thanks for the answer. I didn't explained myself properly. You have understanded what I need, but, how to have warm standby in CCX 5/6/7, in a remote site? I have heard about having two CCX clusters, one in each site, and CCX clients register with one or other. Is this posible?

All current versions of CCX (5.x and 7.x) only support warm standby in a local LAN deployment.

UCM does support multiple CCX clusters if you configure everything properly. These are entirely separate from every perspective however and in reality is not viable for a fail over solution:

-Requires purchase of a second copy of all licenses (node, agent, etc)

-No replication between clusters: configuration, reporting, scripts, etc all must be configured twice.

-No automatic fail over from one cluster to another. The closest option would be CFB on the CTI Route Points on the first cluster. This does not guarantee a fail over though. Only certain call scenarios would catch the CFB.

-Agents would need to modify postinstall.exe on their PCs manually to log in to the second cluster.

Either do cold standby for now; or, wait until 8.0 for HAoWAN.

Thanks a lot