Views
Helpful
Replies

IME default listening ports

michael.clark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been provided a server in which I have installed Ciscoworks, which is running fine. I also wish to install IME on the same machine, so that our monitoring is running on a proper, ups-powered, server machine instead of a desktop.

However I have noticed that Ciscoworks uses some of the same TCP listening ports that IME does. The conflicting ports that I have identified are:

TCP 47002:

Ciscoworks "ICServer" process uses this

IMEJava.exe uses this for IME

TCP 47006:

Ciscoworks "MCTemplateMgr" process uses this

IMEJava.exe uses this for IME

TCP 47007:

Ciscoworks "Changeaudit" process uses this.

mysqld-nt.exe uses this for IME.

My question is: Can IME be configured to utilise different TCP ports, and how would this be achieved?

Many thanks

1 Reply 1

michael.clark
Level 1
Level 1

I have solved the issue myself, I discovered that Ciscoworks uses random ports in the 47000 and up range (up to at least 47011 I saw).

The MySQL install from IME uses port 47007 which is fixed. If this port is not available the install messes up quite ungracefully.

I resolved the issue by stopping the Ciscoworks service that has taken 47007, installed IME successfully, then edited the "my.ini" file to give MySQL a different port number and restarted the service. MySQL now starts without a problem, and IME can connect to it fine.

If Cisco are reading, please modify your installer to check if the ports that you are going to use are available, and to gracefully fail, or work around the problem.

Many thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: