clients got disconnectged Randomly - WLC 4402

Answered Question
Sep 11th, 2009

hi all,

I am facing a problem with WLC 4402,We have a lab having 20 laptops.

The scenario is that clients are Randomly get stuck after using for some time.We are using windows ( XP )wireless client utility.Clients get connected to the AP smoothly , but after some time connection got disconnected , during that time I cannot able to connect or repair ,then I need to restart the laptop.This problem occur for all laptops Randomly

Can some one help me on this issue

regards

dileep

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
George Stefanick Sat, 09/12/2009 - 08:52

I;ve seen a few post specific to your issue, i dont know that i ever seen a resolve. Search the forums

Robert.N.Barrett_2 Mon, 09/14/2009 - 08:35

Try to ensure that the computers are running XP SP2 or higher, and that they have the latest drivers/client software for the wireless cards.

You don't state which version of code your are running on the controller, but you should also make sure you are on a fairly recent version of code. I like the current 4.2 branch of code...

daniel.villanueva Thu, 09/17/2009 - 16:09

I have the same problem, WLC 4402 version 4.2.176.0

The clients randomly lose some pings for some seconds and after that the connection recovers alone, that means that they are disconnected from their applications. That happens many times trough the day and with diferent Laptops.

Right now I'm updating the wireless cards drivers but the problem remains.

Can someone help me?

Best Reagards.

Daniel

gpcannady Thu, 10/01/2009 - 18:05

I had something very similar but tracked it down to the channels the access points were using. Finds out they were trying to use the same channel and were always trying to use the same channel. I finally fixed dca to where they would change their channels to a different channel if they were too close to another access point.

pranavam_dileep Fri, 10/02/2009 - 21:05

hi ,

I found the problem, the client is using Dell Laptops , I had updated the intel wireless card drivers.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode