Views
Helpful
Replies

clients got disconnectged Randomly - WLC 4402

pranavam_dileep
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I am facing a problem with WLC 4402,We have a lab having 20 laptops.

The scenario is that clients are Randomly get stuck after using for some time.We are using windows ( XP )wireless client utility.Clients get connected to the AP smoothly , but after some time connection got disconnected , during that time I cannot able to connect or repair ,then I need to restart the laptop.This problem occur for all laptops Randomly

Can some one help me on this issue

regards

dileep

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That sounds most definitely like a client problem. I would find out what manufacture/model of client adapter (Intel, Broadcom, Atheros, etc.) and what driver version you are using. Try to find the latest version of client code.

If you have problems with a particular client with its latest code, you might describe the specific problems here (or in a support forum for that client device - or perhaps even talk with your vendor) and see what ideas/experiences others have.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I;ve seen a few post specific to your issue, i dont know that i ever seen a resolve. Search the forums

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Try to ensure that the computers are running XP SP2 or higher, and that they have the latest drivers/client software for the wireless cards.

You don't state which version of code your are running on the controller, but you should also make sure you are on a fairly recent version of code. I like the current 4.2 branch of code...

I second the suggestion to focus on the code on the clients. A situation where a client has to be rebooted (or its card needs to be reset), to get it working again, almost surely is indicative of a client bug.

If you can indicate what specific client adapters, what driver versions, etc. etc., perhaps more specific help will be available.

I have the same problem, WLC 4402 version 4.2.176.0

The clients randomly lose some pings for some seconds and after that the connection recovers alone, that means that they are disconnected from their applications. That happens many times trough the day and with diferent Laptops.

Right now I'm updating the wireless cards drivers but the problem remains.

Can someone help me?

Best Reagards.

Daniel

I had something very similar but tracked it down to the channels the access points were using. Finds out they were trying to use the same channel and were always trying to use the same channel. I finally fixed dca to where they would change their channels to a different channel if they were too close to another access point.

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That sounds most definitely like a client problem. I would find out what manufacture/model of client adapter (Intel, Broadcom, Atheros, etc.) and what driver version you are using. Try to find the latest version of client code.

If you have problems with a particular client with its latest code, you might describe the specific problems here (or in a support forum for that client device - or perhaps even talk with your vendor) and see what ideas/experiences others have.

hi ,

I found the problem, the client is using Dell Laptops , I had updated the intel wireless card drivers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: