cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

asa as vpn concentrator

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

I want to make an asa a vpn concentrator only and pass all traffic to the inside including internet traffic which then passes to an internet ASA. So...with inverse routing I can make sure that the client vpn pool addressess are known to be on the outside and I would then have an inside 0 route to the inside l3 device, but then I started to wonder how I would manage the asa vpn concentrator from the outside say with ssh. Appears to me that I couldn't because I can't have an outside 0 route and inside 0 route. Seems to me I would have to manage the ASA via vpn to the inside and back out. Am I missing something?

2 Replies 2

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

For VPN traffic, you can use "tunneled" keyword after your inside 0 route command so that this route will be only used by VPN traffic.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/command/reference/qr_72.html#wp1658180

As always the best...thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: