cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI Setup

murtazashikarii
Level 1
Level 1

I have a standard 16U-4FXO UC520 and i am getting a PRI line from AT&T. Is there some documentation for setting this up as well configuring the UC with PRI?

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

You should be able to use CCA release 2.0.1 to configure the PRI and the associated dialplan. The GUI is fairly straight forward and has online help for guidance. Couple of things that you may need from your provider:

Framing - SF or ESF (ESF is most common)

Line Code - AMI or B8ZS (B8ZS is most common)

Number of channels on the PRI. Note that the 16-user UC 520 can support a maximum of 22 voice channels.

Let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,

Saurabh

View solution in original post

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You should also look at this document.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9646

It has a lot of good information on using CCA.  It doesn't specifically have PRI information, but it has a good information about using CCA, using it with your dial plans, DID mapping etc.

The current version of CCA defaults the framing and linecode to ESF and B8ZS respectively. It provides you following configuration parameters:

Connection Type: Select T1

Channel Signaling: Select ISDN PRI

Switch Type: Check w/ your provider (most common is primary-ni)

Bearer Cap: Select Speech

PRI Group: Check with your provider on the number of channels enabled for your PRI. Note that on the Desktop form factor (8U and 16U UC 520), a maximum of 22 channels can be defined. The default T1 range is 1 time slot to 24 time slots;  time slot 24 (the D-channel) is always included. The  range of time slot 24 to time slot 24 is invalid.

Attached is a screen-shot for an E1, but the configuration of T1 should be fairly similar

T1E1_Main.JPG

Please note that CCA release 2.1 will be released later this week that has an extensive troubleshooting section that can be used to troubleshoot connectivity issue.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Verified with engineering - this is a known issue. Can you use UC 520 Early Adopter Software Pack 7.1.3? This bundles IOS image 12.4(22)YB4 that has the fix. You can download it from https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9829.

HTH,
Saurabh

I believe the new IOS allows the system to recognize the VIC.  When it is recognized, it will (should) appear.

20 Replies 20

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

You should be able to use CCA release 2.0.1 to configure the PRI and the associated dialplan. The GUI is fairly straight forward and has online help for guidance. Couple of things that you may need from your provider:

Framing - SF or ESF (ESF is most common)

Line Code - AMI or B8ZS (B8ZS is most common)

Number of channels on the PRI. Note that the 16-user UC 520 can support a maximum of 22 voice channels.

Let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Thanks for the tip!

Could you direct me a more specific document of using the CCA to configure PRI? I have already used the CCA for sip configurations, so pretty well versed with that.

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You should also look at this document.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9646

It has a lot of good information on using CCA.  It doesn't specifically have PRI information, but it has a good information about using CCA, using it with your dial plans, DID mapping etc.

john
Level 1
Level 1

Did you install a WIC card for the voice?

The current version of CCA defaults the framing and linecode to ESF and B8ZS respectively. It provides you following configuration parameters:

Connection Type: Select T1

Channel Signaling: Select ISDN PRI

Switch Type: Check w/ your provider (most common is primary-ni)

Bearer Cap: Select Speech

PRI Group: Check with your provider on the number of channels enabled for your PRI. Note that on the Desktop form factor (8U and 16U UC 520), a maximum of 22 channels can be defined. The default T1 range is 1 time slot to 24 time slots;  time slot 24 (the D-channel) is always included. The  range of time slot 24 to time slot 24 is invalid.

Attached is a screen-shot for an E1, but the configuration of T1 should be fairly similar

T1E1_Main.JPG

Please note that CCA release 2.1 will be released later this week that has an extensive troubleshooting section that can be used to troubleshoot connectivity issue.

Thanks,

Saurabh

thanks saurabh! that was very helpful indeed!

Saurabh, do i need to go through the telephony wizard to get that option of selecting the T1 connection type?

Telephony setup wizard is one of the options, but note that TSW can only be run if the product is in the factory default mode. Alternatively, you can use the expert mode "Configure > Telephony > Voice" to configure the T1/E1 card.

-Saurabh

For some reason i do not see that option under voice... !

Also, during the configuration of the interface card on the router, it asks me to install the HWIC T1/E1 license first. Where can i get this information?

What is the VWIC card that you are trying to install? Can you give me the part number? An output of "show ver", "show diag" and "show run" from the UC 520 would be helpful as well.

its a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1

CLEI p/n: IPU!AXXRAA

i am running a 12.4(22)YB1 IOS

Thanks for the output, can you paste the error message along with the steps that you were taking for configuring the card?

-Saurabh

Sure... hope this helps!

Let me run it by the engineering and get back to you.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: