cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS tells me AP is down but it up

Starthorn
Level 1
Level 1

I reset the ap and it didnt change anything. When I go into wcs under configure/access points it tells me my ap is down. The controller tells me its up and it looks good.

In wcs it even lets me click on the so called down 1131 ap and make changes to it.

It wont let me delete the AP from the list in wcs. It gives me the message: Please select AP's that are not associated.

How can I fix this?

12 Replies 12

eric_garnel
Level 1
Level 1

try the following:

turn off the AP so that it is no longer associated with a controller.

Try to delete it from WCS.

See if you can re-add it to WCS after it associates to a controller

Before doing that, just do a refresh config from controller on the WCS and click delete to not retain the previous settings in WCS.

I tried both ways but it didnt work. I was able to delete the ap once I shut down the port on the switch but it still said it was down when I turned it back on.

Also in the controller It is telling me that the ap has been up for 11 d, 17 h 12 m 13 s. I just turned it on.

Sounds like a corrupt db in WCS. do you have a backup that you can restore from?

Also, you may want to open a TAC case

I wouldnt recommend to open a tac case at this stage.

2 things to try :

1. Remove and re add the controller in WCS and see if that helps

2. Run from the CLI of WCS server, from the wcs\bin folder: dbadmin checkschema

whats involved with removing the adding the controller? Would you be able to point me at some documentation?

Also, I have 2 controllers. The first is used for all the aps, the 2nd is used for fail over. I would only need to remove the 1st controller right?

Clear database conflicts, corruption.

That operation does not impact your production. You can remove and re add both, it wont be a problem.

Lastly, run a db check as indicated in my previous post.

Stop WCS on the server, run the dbadmi checkschema command from CLI : in WCS_FOLDER\bin

Then restart WCS service (start, program files, wcs, start wcs)

Where do I go to clear the database conflicts ?

I just removed our first controller. from WCS. The aps seem to be running fine still.

I can't get the controller back on. When I enter in the same information I recorded from when the controller was added, It tells me "No response from device, check SNMP communities, version or network for issues".

I managed to get the controller back on the WCS. How do I clear the database like you said? Is it done on the WCS or the controller?

removing and readding the first controller that the AP in question was on didnt fix the issue of WCS telling me the AP is down

After you re-added the controller do you still have the issue?

If so, remote desktop on WCS server and follow the dbadmin commands I indicated earlier in this post.

didnt fix it for me.

once I remote into the server where do I type the commands you gave me?

1.Stop WCS on the server, (start -> program files -> WCS)

2.run the dbadmin checkschema command from CLI : in WCS_FOLDER\bin

3.Then restart WCS service (start, program files, wcs, start wcs)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: