cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity SMTP connector

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having a hard time getting SMTP connector to send out an email to our Exchange server for message notifiations. TAC is stumpped but tells me its configured correctly but when I look in the Message Tracking system it shows the message being generated; when I look at the Exchange side and do a query I never see an email come over from Unity. We are running Unity 7.0 Exchange server 2003 SP2. I can telent to via port 25 so I know the path is there. Anybody have a fix or know where I should look?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

dcrayton
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First, I dont have a resolution for you.

Second, I am having the exact same problem, but on a Unity Connection 7.1.2 2000-2 platform.

I have a TAC going, and I will update if I find a resolution.

Hmm, interesting. TAC can duplicate the problem that I'm having in their lab but no response yet. I know I have in the past gotten it to work on Unity Connection but for ver 2.0 on CallManager 4.2(3). I'll update you if I hear anything too.

John

I finally got mine to work. There was a problem with our "Default Email address Policy". We had two SMTP rules defined which prevented us from sending outbound. Once we removed one that was not defined as @unity.local messages started coming through to Outlook. I removed the connectors I had setup and then defined a default SMTP Virtual Server and entered our Exchange email server IP address under the "Delivery --> Advanced" tab/button.

Now my problem is I have all these messages that are in queue from the past month or so that are trying to be delivered to a distribution email address and I can't figure how to stop them from sending. The Message Track shows them going out, tried going the MessageStore route and run some scripts but nothing working yet. Hope that may help your issue.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I was having a CER issue with SMTP forwarding messages to Exchange.

In the OS Admin side on CUC, make sure you have the SMTP server listed there also.

After you add it, the screen should "SMTP is accessible" This will at least tell you CUC can open the port to Exchange to relay the message.

Exchange was denying the message from CER because the system ID was in the correct format. (the reply address was not valid) I had "CER" when I needed to have "CER@company.com" for it to work.

You should see in your event viewer a connection from the CUC server attempting to relay the message from CUC to Exchange.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: