Views
Helpful
Replies

AYAYA and CUCM-BE connection

snarayanaraju
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Experts,

I need your help to understand how to connect / interface CUCM-Business Edition with AYAYA-S800 EPBX where PSTN link is terminated.

I understand that CUCM-Business edition appliance have Ethernet Interface (RJ45) and AYAYA-S800 EPBX is also have IP card.

Shall I directly connect CUCM with EPBX using a UTP cable. The idea is, I have 100 analog Phones and CUCM will be having 25 IP phones. These should talk to each other and make outgoing calls using PSTN connected in AYAYA EPBX

Thanks in advance,

sairam

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need CUCM-BE for just 25 phones.

You can use a router and configure CME on it, it's much easier and economic.

Hi bevilacqua,

First I have to thank your for sharing your expertised idea.

It is true that for 25 IP Phones CCME is enough though. But this number will increase to 400 in near future.

That is the reason we opted CUCM-BE for future proof. I am not sure how to connect AYAYAS800 (where PSTN link is terminated and some analog phones are connected) with CUCM-BE appliance. I am sure AYAYA is having IP card installed ready for usage.

Please help me by shedding lights on this

Thanks in advance

sairam

On the CUCM, you configure the PBX as a a SIP or H.323 GW.

On the PBX, you need help from thier technicians.

Since often time they don't want or are unable to help, it may be better to install a router with two PRI ports, one goes to PSTN the other to PBX. This way you do not need to configure anything on the PBX.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Hi bevilacqu,

Thanks again. Yes I will get the assistance from PBX technicians. Keeping this assurance, and if i connect PBX ethernet card to CUCM Ethernet card using a UTP cable, will the solution can be achieved. (I hope SIP / H.323 tunnel has to be configured)

1. How many concurrent calls I can dial from the IP phones behind CUCM to Analog Phones behind PBX?

Thanks in advance

sairam

There is no limit to the number of simultaneous calls you can have.

Hi sir,

So, based on your replies i conclude that AYAVA EPBX with IP card can be directly connected to CUCM-BE using a UTP cable. Thus we will be able to make call between analog phones connected to AYAYA EPBX & IP Phones connected with CUCM-BE and also make outgoing / incoming PSTN call to and from IP phones connected in CUCM-BE.

Please correct me if I am deviating

sairam

Hi Sairam,

Make sure you get your hands on Avaya document you can find it on their support website. its ACD-Cisco-GK.doc or Configuring Avaya communication manager with Cisco Gateways and voip.

Essentially you have to configure your s8xx. You need to work on IPSI admin, medpros and C-LAN cards etc.

Hope it helps.

Baseer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: