CCNP Timeframe

Unanswered Question
Sep 13th, 2009

Hi all,

How long should one realisticly be looking to take before passing CCNP? I have been studying BSCI for three weeks and I'm not far off being ready to take the exam. Is this too quick? I felt there was a lot of content in BSCI that overlaps with CCNA, I attribute that to learning it fast.

Is it realistic to pass CCNP in 6 months? At the moment I am dedicating 10 hours a day with Sat and Sunday 5 hours.

I feel there was definatly more to learn in CCNA & was definatly more painful.

Thanks,

Bill

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
araujojoel Thu, 09/17/2009 - 06:35

Hi,

If you ask Jeremy Cioara, he got his CCNA and CCNP in 1 month. He's now a CCIE. :-D

Cisco has changed the exam format, and the CCNP trak is a "bit" harder than it used to be, they are a lot more real world focus.

If you have your own lab and are spending the 10 hours/day going through the labs and scenarios, you should be OK in less than 6 months.

twalter87 Thu, 09/17/2009 - 08:43

Hi Bill,

For me it took 9 months to complete my CCNP certification. I drug my feet a bit while studying for the BCMSN (3 months) but once I successfully passed that I was able to pass the BSCI, ONT and ISCW in 6 months (ONT and ISCW in the same month).

It sounds like you're putting in a lot more study time than I did so realistically speaking it should be possible to do in a 6 month timeframe.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Regards,

Todd

Actions

This Discussion