ghost calls

Unanswered Question

i have a 7931 handset connected to my uc520 which I forward all calls to my mobile when I leave the office. This works well, however randomly at times I receive a call on my mobile from the uc520 that is silent. The call appears to originate from the uc520 however when I check the call logs (cue history) it does not show any calls during the time I received the ghost call (shows calls before and after so I know the history is working).

Can anyone suggest any ways to diagnose what is going on? I can only think of setting up a debug but as this only happens a few times a week I'm not sure I can keep the debug open that long.

Thanks for any help

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Harper Sun, 09/13/2009 - 23:27
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

What is the PSTN connection to the UC500 - analogue or ISDN/SIP?  If it is analog, you can easy have this sort of problem because it takes a ring cycle or two to be sure that the caller has hung up.  During this time, a call leg can be established out to the mobile which, when answered, will have already been disconnected at the calling end.

As for tracking the calls in the logs, bear in mind that the CUE reports only include calls that pass through or to CUE itself.  To track this sort of problem, you need to look at the CDRs gathered by CME.

Cheers,

Dave.

David Harper Sun, 09/13/2009 - 23:45
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

FTP is fine.  If you are just using it for troubleshooting, sending CDRs to the log file and configuring a reasonable size logging buffer might be easier.  See this document for how to set up the different options: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-2061.

But no matter how you gather the CDRs, you should see entries for these calls.

Cheers,

Dave.

JOHN NIKOLATOS Mon, 09/14/2009 - 04:58
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Just thinking out loud here...  There are a few different reasons why the system would call your cell phone...  like maybe Message Notification when you get a Voicemail...  Maybe the system is working but it is something like Message notification is dialing you to play a voicemail but the voicemail is blank?  So check into other things which may be calling you...

Actions

This Discussion