Forcing inactive agents off system to free up license count.

Unanswered Question
Sep 14th, 2009

Gents,

My customer has limited licenses and doesn't want to buy any more ! He has a problem in that the staff are spread over 8 sites and some just don't bother to logout of the system. If they miss a call, their state changes to Not Ready, but they still use a license count so that every so often, other agents at other sites can't logon.

I know that the re is a system parameter which can set a max session time, default 30 ins, but this doesn't seem to log them out altogether and release the license count.

Can any of you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong, of if there is a way to do this?

Many thanks

Chris

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 09/14/2009 - 02:31

Yes. Use Supervisor Desktop to log the agents out. Click on the agent and then the Logout state button.

CHRIS HABBERJAM Mon, 09/14/2009 - 03:04

Thanks for the reply, I'm aware that this can be done, however, I really need an automated way of doing it.

I'm looking at being able to set the system such that if there has been no activity on an agent over a certain period, they get logged out. The system already makes then Not Ready if they miss a call, but this isn't enough to release the license count.

Thanks

Chris

On a related topic.

I don't use Express, but I do use CAD with UCCE. If you go into Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin and run ShowLicenseUsage.exe, it lists the IP addresses of those agents using a license.

My testing on UCCE demonstrated that even when logged out, a CAD license is in use. At least, the IP address shows in this list. Only when the user closes CAD does the IP address disappear.

Have you experienced this?

Regards,

Geoff

CHRIS HABBERJAM Mon, 09/14/2009 - 06:12

Geoff,

I haven't seen this before, however, I must confess that the agents are actually using the IP Phone Agent and not CAD. I have seen that as soon as they logout of the IPPA, other agents can get on OK.

Regards

Chris

James Hawkins Tue, 10/20/2009 - 01:42

One possible solution could be to enable Extension Mobility on the agents phones and enforce a maximum login time.

This would cause the users to be logged out of their phones each evening which should hopefully also free up the IPPA licenses.

Not the most elegant of solutions but may be worth a try in the absence of anything better.

CHRIS HABBERJAM Tue, 10/20/2009 - 01:58

Interesting idea.

I'll put it to the customer to see what they think. My only worry would be that we would be forcing the whole company to logoff, not just the agents, as they all use EM !

Thanks

Chris

James Hawkins Tue, 10/20/2009 - 02:25

If you set the EM Service Parameter to remember the last login name then they will only have to enter their PIN which may make it easier to sell them the idea.

It would still be useful to have a max agent login time in UCCX though.

pl.leboeuf Tue, 10/20/2009 - 04:13

Maybe you could use the "Voice Contact Work flows" and/or "Agent Management Work flows" : trigger a timer when an agent goes Not Ready, and after the timer is expired, disconnect the agent.

Actions

This Discussion