cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install Virtual Passage under Windows 7 (RVL200)

miltonulmer
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using the RVL200 in two sites for some time now. I us IE7 under Vista without any problem.

But using IE8 under Windows 7 there is no way to make it work. I habilitated the download of unsigned ActiveX in IE8, I ran IE8 and Firefox as administrator, but Virtual Passage refuses to install.

Has anybody succeeded in accessing the RVL using Windows 7? Is Cisco (Linksys) working on a solution to this problem?

Milton Ulmer

40 Replies 40

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Currently at the moment we are not supporting windows 7 as it is still in its beta phase of its release.

From your answer I understand that a VPN connection with RVL200 currently can't be established using Windows 7. So at least I know that it was not some configuration or other missing piece of information that prevented me from establishing the connection.

The official launch of Windows 7 is only a month away. Is Cisco working on a solution for Windows 7? The RVL200 is the perfect solution for a small office like mine. I will have to replace some laptops in the near future and would like to know if I can go for Windows 7 or need to stay on Vista, which I learned to hate.

We are, but I don't have a timeframe, yet.  Check back in a few days.  I might have an update.

Hi,

Any update on this? it would be nice if we can get this fixed before windows 7 is out, we have the w7 msdn version and we are testing it for ouu company before its out but so far lo luck.

Thanks, any information would be very helpful..

AM

Windows 7 is now released. When can we expect an update to the firmware?

So any update on this? I realize the whole "Windows 7" release took everyone by surprise, what with only a few years notice, and many months of public beta testing, but it's been out for 4 months now, and there's still no support for this product which we just purchased. Can we get a refund from Cisco? It's too late to get one from the vendor, as we didn't realize it wouldn't work with any new computers we purchased. I'd definately like to either get this working, or purchase a competitors product that is actually supported.

this is second time i have burned by cisco in the last two years. the first was with a cable gateway wcg200, now this rvl200. i am not sure what is going on with cisco. i am not pleased at all and will purchase nothing further from them.

wtscruggs
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this same issue.  Are there any updates at this point?

Thanks

sagostini
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also having this problem. Cisco....what's going on? It's not like the release of Windows 7 was a secret!!!

I am aware that there is a firmware under testing now that is supposed to fix the expired certificate issue with the ActiveX components for SSL VPN. But I don't believe the support for Windows 7 is locked into the roadmap yet.

I have an email from Cisco presales that says:

"Does the RVL200 support Vista 64 bit, Windows 7 64 bit and IE 8. I need the Virtual Passage to work.

The answer is Yes, to all of the above questions Dan."

So can someone at Cisco explain how to make it work?

Obviously Dan has to clue, I am still waiting for some answer to this, still struggling on this issue... Windows 7 just came out for sale but its been out (beta) for long time, they should have a fix for it now..

I think I do have a clue.

I know that I was unable to get the RVL200 Virtual Passage to work with (Vista 64 bit and IE8) or (Windows 7 64 bit and IE8) using both firmware versions 1.1.7 and 1.1.10.1 (Beta).

The point I was trying to make is that Cisco presales are telling people the Virtual Passage does work with these versions of the Microsoft operating systems and therefore in my opinion Cisco and Mr. Chambers (CEO Cisco) should make the RVL200 work with these Microsoft operating systems by releasing updated firmware for the RVL200.

P.S.

(Microsoft has stated on the record that IE is an integral part of the operating system.)

It appears to have nothing to do with the browser as it does not work with Firefox on Windows 7 either. I think Win7 has a problem with adding the Virtual Passage device. Sucks that Cisco refuses to address this.

Waiting with bated breath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: