Views
Helpful
Replies

Restoring a backup config to the ASA

jamesgonzo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have never tried this before. I TFTP the ASA's config to my TFTP server via the ASDM - File > Save running config to TFTP server.

How do I restore this back to the ASA should I need to. Normally I don't save to flash and if there is an issue I reload. The problem I have now with this is that we have an Ative/Standby setup and the standby kicks in as soon as I reload the Active ASA (like it should) keeping my errors :S

Any other suggestions would be great!

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Backing/up and restoring is a straight forward process seeing in this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a008072142a.shtml

Now in you scenarion, if you have A/S architecture you will always have one firewall synching up config so technically you have a back up in the standby if you will. If you currently backup say your active firewall and that firewall hits the fan your stanby will take over, so there is not need to realy restored your backup or is it?, but..if in the event that you do need to restore your config if both firewalls are replaced simply use the link above to restore config to a single firewall and activate the failover process once you have them reconnected.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card