cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express

arthurbecker
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity Express running on a Call Manager Express that the MWI is not working correctly. The CME had it's IP changed, not the Unity, but calls are still pushed to Unity and users are getting the voicemails. Just MWI is not working correctly. What can I look for within the CME or UE to check why?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arthur,

There are some good tips in this guide;

**Cisco Unity Express points to the correct Cisco CallManager Express server IP address. The show ccn subsystem sip command shows this.

Troubleshooting Unity Express Message Waiting Indication (MWI) Problems

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008027fa9f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arthur,

There are some good tips in this guide;

**Cisco Unity Express points to the correct Cisco CallManager Express server IP address. The show ccn subsystem sip command shows this.

Troubleshooting Unity Express Message Waiting Indication (MWI) Problems

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008027fa9f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, let me check it out.

How do I validate the CUE IP so I can log into it?

Log into the router and look at the servicemodule interface. It should have a command like "service-module ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255" for example. That's the address.

-nick

once you can login into the cue as pointed above you can also go into the cue GUI and do a resynchronise.

OK, I can get into the CUE CLI, what is needed to resync?

OK, It looks like a found the issue. i need to change the SIP gateway IP address to point to the correct CME.

xx-xx-xx-xx-57> show ccn subsystem sip

SIP Gateway: 10.168.1.56

SIP Port Number: 5060

Do is just do a confg T and do I need to reboot the CUE as well?

Thanks Everyone, I found the issue and was able to fix it.

Glad to know you got it sorted, sorry couldnt reply after my initial post. Also, if possible, to help others, could you describe your fix in case anyone else comes into this problem in the future?

thanks once again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: