cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Discovery

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

Can I tell CiscoWorks not to discover non Cisco devices? It appears that my LMS3.0.1 on solaris10 is discovering bunch of Hp switches and silver peak WAN accelerator which as a result fail in the archive in RME.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can enable Discovery filters to exclude these IP addresses. If you use exclude filters, the devices will not be contacted by Discovery.

Yes, I knew this method but is there any simpler method than that? I have tons of IP addresses that I will need to enter. But why CiscoWorks will discover non-Cisco devices? Is used to not do that.

It always did if the devices support CDP. You could use a SysObjectID filter instead of IP Address filter, then exclude the sysObjectIDs of the HP devices.

Is there a way to specify a .csv file for device discovery filter? Can I use a combination of IP address and SysObjectID in the device discovery filter?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CW will "discover" if you have the right credentials: SNMP, IP addressing, etc.

What I do is import from a text file (.csv) the IP address of the new devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: