Default Ring Tones

Unanswered Question
Sep 14th, 2009

Hello.  My company has decided all the ringtones provided with CUCM are not "professional" enough.  So the bosses have picked which ringtones they deem acceptable - which is great - but I have a problem...

So I narrowed down the selections using the RingList.xml and DistinctiveRingList.xml - but when I go to change ring tones, the "Default" list differs from the individual lines - I did some research and the two rings that are in the "Default" list but are missing from the individual lines - are the Chirp1 and Chirp2 which are evidently part of the phone's load.  That's good the big-wigs choose these rings, as we can't remove them - but how do we add them to the individual lines?  Is this not possible?

I realize that if you assign Chirp1 to the "Default" ring, then you can specify a different ring to another line - but what if you want Chirp2 on the other line?  I keep feeling like I'm doing something horridly wrong here, but I don't know what.

We're using CUCM7.1 and have (to my knowledge) 3 phones: 7911, 7961 & 7962.  I hope that's enough info, I appreicate any help!  Thanks!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion