Default Ring Tones

Unanswered Question
Sep 14th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello.  My company has decided all the ringtones provided with CUCM are not "professional" enough.  So the bosses have picked which ringtones they deem acceptable - which is great - but I have a problem...

So I narrowed down the selections using the RingList.xml and DistinctiveRingList.xml - but when I go to change ring tones, the "Default" list differs from the individual lines - I did some research and the two rings that are in the "Default" list but are missing from the individual lines - are the Chirp1 and Chirp2 which are evidently part of the phone's load.  That's good the big-wigs choose these rings, as we can't remove them - but how do we add them to the individual lines?  Is this not possible?

I realize that if you assign Chirp1 to the "Default" ring, then you can specify a different ring to another line - but what if you want Chirp2 on the other line?  I keep feeling like I'm doing something horridly wrong here, but I don't know what.

We're using CUCM7.1 and have (to my knowledge) 3 phones: 7911, 7961 & 7962.  I hope that's enough info, I appreicate any help!  Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion