CallManager 7.0 , plus dialing , call flow

Answered Question
Sep 14th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello group,

Phone I placing call from wont dial before interdigit timer expired, when scheme below is programmed. I think phone should place call immediately because urgent priority on TP. If you can explain why it happens I will greatly appreciate that.

phone dials 92517295 ->

translation pattern 9.XXXXXXX / predot , prefix +201 , urgent priority -> route pattern \+! -> gateway.

I attached configuration screenshots along with trace.

Correct Answer by chrward about 7 years 10 months ago

OK,

So I did some investigating and this is expected behavior. If you wanted to set it up the way you had it before without the #'s, you would need to set urgent priority on route pattern as well as the translation pattern to avoid the inter-digit timeout.

The "! will always wait for additional digits or the inter-digit timeout" is the basic lesson I guess from this one.

I hope this helps.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
chrward Tue, 09/15/2009 - 05:41
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

I suspect this is an issue with the ! on the route pattern. Can you try something to see if it helps?

Change the TP from 9.XXXXXXX to a 9.XXXXXXX# and the route pattern to \+!#

Then dial your number with a # on the end. You will also need to change the TP to keep the # on the end of the pattern.

Let me know if that helps and we can discuss further from there.

Andriy Yerofyeyev Tue, 09/15/2009 - 09:19
User Badges:

Christopher , thanks for reply.

I did changes you advised and, now it working as it should. No timeouts. BTW , here's how my dialplan looks like http://bit.ly/routeplan

I also attached RTMT logs. There are calls with modification of numbering plan and without.

This behavior _totally_ against of what I expect to see. :( I appreciate if you know and can point me on docs where it described.

Thanks again !

chrward Tue, 09/15/2009 - 09:31
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

I am not sure I expect it to act this way either, but this leaves us with a couple possibilities.

1) Something is not behaving as expected or as it should.

2) We had two or more potential matches in the CSS of the translation pattern. (I.E. /+! was not the only pattern we were matching with "+2012517295")

Can you provide me the exact version you are running and check on #2 for me?

Andriy Yerofyeyev Tue, 09/15/2009 - 09:41
User Badges:

Christopher, thanks for reply.

I cannot find more than one potential match , however I attached NumPlan.csv (exported from Route Plan Report)

System version: 7.0.1.11000-2

Attachment: 
chrward Tue, 09/15/2009 - 09:49
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

These are all the routes on the system?

What partitions does the TP CSS have access to?

Andriy Yerofyeyev Tue, 09/15/2009 - 09:56
User Badges:

Yes, there are all routes on lab system.

TP CSS (css-pstn) consists from one partintion pt-pstn.

chrward Tue, 09/15/2009 - 11:12
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Let me try in my lab. I am on 7.1.2 however and don't have access to 7.0.1 system at the moment.

chrward Tue, 09/15/2009 - 13:21
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

I can reproduce the same behavior in my lab.

Let me talk to someone and see if this is expected or not.

Correct Answer
chrward Wed, 09/16/2009 - 04:07
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

OK,

So I did some investigating and this is expected behavior. If you wanted to set it up the way you had it before without the #'s, you would need to set urgent priority on route pattern as well as the translation pattern to avoid the inter-digit timeout.

The "! will always wait for additional digits or the inter-digit timeout" is the basic lesson I guess from this one.

I hope this helps.

Actions

This Discussion