Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 7.0 , plus dialing , call flow

Hello group,

Phone I placing call from wont dial before interdigit timer expired, when scheme below is programmed. I think phone should place call immediately because urgent priority on TP. If you can explain why it happens I will greatly appreciate that.

phone dials 92517295 ->

translation pattern 9.XXXXXXX / predot , prefix +201 , urgent priority -> route pattern \+! -> gateway.

I attached configuration screenshots along with trace.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK,

So I did some investigating and this is expected behavior. If you wanted to set it up the way you had it before without the #'s, you would need to set urgent priority on route pattern as well as the translation pattern to avoid the inter-digit timeout.

The "! will always wait for additional digits or the inter-digit timeout" is the basic lesson I guess from this one.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

chrward
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suspect this is an issue with the ! on the route pattern. Can you try something to see if it helps?

Change the TP from 9.XXXXXXX to a 9.XXXXXXX# and the route pattern to \+!#

Then dial your number with a # on the end. You will also need to change the TP to keep the # on the end of the pattern.

Let me know if that helps and we can discuss further from there.

Christopher , thanks for reply.

I did changes you advised and, now it working as it should. No timeouts. BTW , here's how my dialplan looks like http://bit.ly/routeplan

I also attached RTMT logs. There are calls with modification of numbering plan and without.

This behavior _totally_ against of what I expect to see. :( I appreciate if you know and can point me on docs where it described.

Thanks again !

I am not sure I expect it to act this way either, but this leaves us with a couple possibilities.

1) Something is not behaving as expected or as it should.

2) We had two or more potential matches in the CSS of the translation pattern. (I.E. /+! was not the only pattern we were matching with "+2012517295")

Can you provide me the exact version you are running and check on #2 for me?

Christopher, thanks for reply.

I cannot find more than one potential match , however I attached NumPlan.csv (exported from Route Plan Report)

System version: 7.0.1.11000-2

These are all the routes on the system?

What partitions does the TP CSS have access to?

Yes, there are all routes on lab system.

TP CSS (css-pstn) consists from one partintion pt-pstn.

Let me try in my lab. I am on 7.1.2 however and don't have access to 7.0.1 system at the moment.

I can reproduce the same behavior in my lab.

Let me talk to someone and see if this is expected or not.

Chris , I appreciate your help , awaiting for what they said.

OK,

So I did some investigating and this is expected behavior. If you wanted to set it up the way you had it before without the #'s, you would need to set urgent priority on route pattern as well as the translation pattern to avoid the inter-digit timeout.

The "! will always wait for additional digits or the inter-digit timeout" is the basic lesson I guess from this one.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Chris.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: