Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Issues

rod.blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am running CME 7.1 IOS 12.4(24)T1 on a 1861 router and have the following issues I need some help with.

1. I have 5 extensions numbers 8820 - 8825 with 8820 being the main number. The problem is that when you place a call from 8821, 8822 etc... that outgoing DNIS is the 8820 extension. I need all extensions to use their own extenion when dialing out (8821 will use 8821 etc..) . I have 20 DDI's reserved from the telco 8820 - 8840.

2. I have 2 BRI ports however only port 0/1/0 works, port 0/1/1 doesn't, so instead of having 4 lines to use I only have 2 - am I missing something from my configuration ?

Your help as always appreciated.

thanks

Rod

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. You need a translation-rule, or dialplan-pattern. I always recommend the first.

voice translation-profile makenum

translate calling 10

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 // /012345/ <--Thats is the portion of number before 8820

trunk-group bri

translate outgoing makenum

voice-port 0/0/0

trunkgroup bri

This also introduces you to the use of trunkgroup, to be referenced instead of port in the DP to simplify configuration.

2. Use isdn static tei 0 for the BRI not working now.

Thanks P.

I will test it out in the next 2 days when I go to site.

I used the isdn static tei 0 command on the interface that didn't work which resulted in no calls being allowed through the CME - all I got was a dead tone.

Will get back to you when I have a chance to make your suggested changes.

Thanks again

Rod

It must be TEI 0 - there is no other alternative.

Ask if something I wrote is not clear, I put the condensed version.

Hi P.

I am using the following config:

When I dial out from x 8820 to 01925858218 and do a sh isdn active for the calling number it shows a .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call Calling Called Remote Seconds Seconds Seconds Charges

Type Number Number Name Used Left Idle Units/Currency

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out . +1925858218 7 0 0 0

Also I configured bulk speed dial as per one of our previous conversations which workes fine - thanks, however I have another issue.... I have configuread telephone service to contact the remote UCM 7 server for directory servies and when the user looks up an entry on the server and dials it they get a engaged tone - this is probable down to no translation profiles being configured for outgoing calling numbers ??? is that correct?

Thanks

Rod

Take "debug isdn q931" with "term mon" to diagnose calling issues. Seem like you've no other major problems.

Hi

Attached Q931 as requested.

calling from x8820 to 01925858272

Rod

Call show as connected, but it's very strange the same message is received on both interface.

You may have a cabling issue before or after the NT1 boxes, ask telco to check.

Hi P.

I am using the following config:

When I dial out from x 8820 to 01925858218 and do a sh isdn active for the calling number it shows a .

Call Calling Called Remote Seconds Seconds Seconds Charges

Type Number Number Name Used Left Idle Units/Currency

Out . +1925858218 7 0 0 0

Also I configured bulk speed dial as per one of our previous conversations which workes fine - thanks, however I have another issue.... I have configuread telephone service to contact the remote UCM 7 server for directory servies and when the user looks up an entry on the server and dials it they get a engaged tone - this is probable down to no translation profiles being configured for outgoing calling numbers ??? is that correct?

Thanks

Rod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: