cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GRE Tunnel resolve our problem

rahul.jadhav
Level 1
Level 1

1. There is a one service provider cloud of VSAT & we are using 192.168.1.34 private ip; this same ip used by another client also. So please suggest whether i can send my that ip address through GRE tunnel. Or

2. can we go for double natting one at my branch office & again nat that ip at head office end. Pls revert me asap.

4 Replies 4

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

I would suggest that you configure the GRE tunnel enpoints with an IP address that is not use pref a /30 will do.

HTH>

Hi Andrew,

Thax for reply.

1. I am sending the attachment with diagram.Here i am having 2 same networks in my cloud.

2. So for one existing lan n/w of R5 we r advertising as it is & for my new lan n/w which of R4 i create a tunnel in bet R1 & R4 whether it is possible to work or not pls confirm.

Yes it is possible - you just create a GRE tunnel with the source & destination's of the tunnel as the IP addresses of the serial interfaces, Give the tunnel itself a /30 IP address (not being used anywhere else) then configure either a dynamic routing protocol or static routes.

Thax Andrew,

i will try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: