Views
Helpful
Replies

Playing create Generate Prompts in Chinese Language

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Base on the options pressed, my IVR plays the prompts in English or Chinese to caller(I have prompts recorded in these two diff languages).

Currently I can successfully play the dates and amount from an XML file to caller in English language.

How can I play this in Chinese from create generated prompt function?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Hi Schulenberg,

Thanks for the excellent details.

For me to follow your method , do I need to install any extra language files while installing IPCCX.

>>even after enabling chinese language from system>language, i don't see a new folder for that language folder in theprompt repository(I also restarted CRs engine directory).

At the time of installation I installed default languages(en_Us & en_british).

Do I need to re-install the IPCCX server?

Thanks

If you are on a current version (5.0+), this should have appeared within the root folder of the prompt repository. I would open a TAC case to understand why it did not appear.

If you are on a legacy version, you'll need to check the install documentation. I honestly don't recall whether it installed all languages to disk by default or not.

Hi,

I am using Cisco IP IVR 7.0(1)_Build168 . and TTS using Create generator pormpt.

I am not are not very sure whether we installed the Thai language while installing the IVR software initially.

But I noticed that we can chose the Thai language from the list available under System->language information and unable it(see the screenhsot).

Due to this I was able to use the Thai language as L[Th], in the create generated prompt. The IVR system is able to play the numbers in thai language to the caller.

But we have noted for currency numbers like 454.29,, it is playing like four one hundred and 54 instead of four hundred and fifty four.

Any sugegstions as to how this can be fixed.

1)Assuming the Thai language was not selected from the Cisco installation CD at the time of installation, is there any need or is it possible to put the CD now and install the thai language files.

2)Is 1) really required to be done, as we are able to install the thai Language using System->Language information.

3)Why is the create generated prompt installing the amount incorrectly in Thai language.

4)I also noticed thay we are not able to play the sequence of date playback as TTS using Create Generator prompt, i.e. the system currently plays the month then the day,, we are not able to change this sequence to play day first then the month.

Any idea how to resolve the issue in 3) & 4)

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: