AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9 can be converted to standalone?

Unanswered Question
Sep 15th, 2009

Hi there,

i would like to know if it's possible to turn this Access Point (AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9)  to standalone mode.

If it is possible, how can i do it?

Thanks very much,

(Pls someones answer as soon as possible, because it's to implement on a client)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
William Childs Tue, 09/15/2009 - 20:38

I found this:

The 1140 Series is currently available in a unified version and the standalone (autonomous) version will be available in 2009.The full breadth of Cisco unified wireless features and mobility services is only available when deployed in lightweight mode with a wireless LAN controller, and the Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) management solution.

What I read is that it depends on your version of the AP. I would say that if you just bought it (I don't have the exact sku as this post was in the wrong location) I would say it is possible. However, if you are in Europe which it looks like you are according to the SKU you posted, I doubt it will be capable. I also found the configuration document here:

If you want to repost this question in the correct place here is a good place to start.

This forum has subject matter experts on Cisco Elite/Classic products that may be able to answer your question.

Thanks for your question.

This Discussion