LMS 2.6/CS: error message when tring to add device to master

Answered Question
Sep 15th, 2009

Hi,

Customer has an error message when he try to add a device on a master LMS 2.6

It use to work find, here you can find a screen shot.

Elisabeth

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 2 months ago

As I said, the two servers have different MDF versions. The slave has 1.24, and the master has 1.22. On the both servers, go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and check the box next to Common Services. Download and install the available updates. That should bring you up to MDF 1.28 on both servers, and this problem should be fixed.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Tue, 09/15/2009 - 06:53

Post the output from the pdshow command from this server. What version of RME is this server running?

Joe Clarke Tue, 09/15/2009 - 11:46

The service startup parameters have been changed. Post a screenshot of the Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

ebezombes Wed, 09/16/2009 - 05:01

Hi,

You can find the cw service screeshot.

I have asked to the customer to change both services to manual:

- CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine

- CiscoWorks Web Server

She has reboot the server but she still have the same issue.

Elisabeth

Attachment: 
Joe Clarke Wed, 09/16/2009 - 07:27

Post the new pdshow output and the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

Joe Clarke Wed, 09/16/2009 - 09:53

The master and slave have different MDF versions, and this is causing the problem. Make sure both servers have the same MDF Common Services package loaded, and this error should go away.

Joe Clarke Thu, 09/17/2009 - 07:46

Post the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cwcs/mdf/mdfdata.xml file from both servers.

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Thu, 09/17/2009 - 22:52

As I said, the two servers have different MDF versions. The slave has 1.24, and the master has 1.22. On the both servers, go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and check the box next to Common Services. Download and install the available updates. That should bring you up to MDF 1.28 on both servers, and this problem should be fixed.

ebezombes Tue, 09/22/2009 - 06:59

Cu has installed MDF 1.28 on both servers, now it's working !

Why two different version can produce this issue ?

Thanks a lot for your help Joe !

Joe Clarke Tue, 09/22/2009 - 07:12

If a device does not have a corresponding MDF entry on a local machine, then this error will occur.

Actions

This Discussion