Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6/CS: error message when tring to add device to master

ebezombes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Customer has an error message when he try to add a device on a master LMS 2.6

It use to work find, here you can find a screen shot.

Elisabeth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As I said, the two servers have different MDF versions. The slave has 1.24, and the master has 1.22. On the both servers, go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and check the box next to Common Services. Download and install the available updates. That should bring you up to MDF 1.28 on both servers, and this problem should be fixed.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output from the pdshow command from this server. What version of RME is this server running?

Hi Joe,

You can find pdshow result in attach file.

I think RME version is 4.0.5, but I must check it.

Elisabeth

The service startup parameters have been changed. Post a screenshot of the Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

Hi,

You can find the cw service screeshot.

I have asked to the customer to change both services to manual:

- CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine

- CiscoWorks Web Server

She has reboot the server but she still have the same issue.

Elisabeth

Post the new pdshow output and the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

You can find stdout log and pdshow.

thanks

The master and slave have different MDF versions, and this is causing the problem. Make sure both servers have the same MDF Common Services package loaded, and this error should go away.

Hi,

Both master and slave have MDF same version.

On the slave they can add device to rme.

Elisabeth

Post the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cwcs/mdf/mdfdata.xml file from both servers.

You can find files.

As I said, the two servers have different MDF versions. The slave has 1.24, and the master has 1.22. On the both servers, go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and check the box next to Common Services. Download and install the available updates. That should bring you up to MDF 1.28 on both servers, and this problem should be fixed.

Cu has installed MDF 1.28 on both servers, now it's working !

Why two different version can produce this issue ?

Thanks a lot for your help Joe !

If a device does not have a corresponding MDF entry on a local machine, then this error will occur.

Version are:

CS : 3.0.6

RME : 4.0.6

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco