Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging, Catalyst 3750

kondratev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 2 Catalyst 3750 switches. And I need to connect them accordng to this scheme (see an attachement). I also attach parts of configs and ping's listing.

What have I done wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yagnesh_tel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andrey,

Perhaps command 'interface bvi bridge group' is not supported even though switch may accept it without giving any error. You can confirm this by checking configuration guide of your code. Look into section 'Unsupported Commands'

If that's the case than you can configure SVI interface instead and assign it with IP address and bridge group.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

yagnesh_tel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andrey,

Perhaps command 'interface bvi bridge group' is not supported even though switch may accept it without giving any error. You can confirm this by checking configuration guide of your code. Look into section 'Unsupported Commands'

If that's the case than you can configure SVI interface instead and assign it with IP address and bridge group.

Have a look at this doc. This is the only type of bridging supported on the 3750.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/swfallbk.html

Thank you! This feature is actually unsupported in my image.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Andrey,

as Glen has pointed fall-back bridging for ipv4 traffic is not supported on C3750.

in simple words the command

bridge 1 route ip

is not supported the device attempts to route it but without using IRB.

if you don't want to join the STP domains use point to point L3 links.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card