Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Configuration DB Size

rajasekarvs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could somebody please advise as whats the recommended size or maximum size for the ICM configuration DB in ICM 7.2 ?

Raj

10 Replies 10

If I remember correctly from the documentation you might see between 15 to 150 megs. However, I don't really think there's a max size.

david

David,

Thanks for your immediate response on this. Could appreciate if you could direct me to that documentation source.

Raj

Here's a question for you, mate. When you use ICMDBA to create a database, what defaults does it set for:

1. Logger (data and trans log)

2. HDS (data and trans log)

3. AWDB (data and trans log)?

3 should be an excellent guide to the max size.

Regards,

Geof

Geoff ,

Just wanted to know what`s the maximum size of configuration data can we have and not the DB size. Say for instance we have 1GB of AWDB. Can I have upto 1 GB of the configuration data ? Is there a best practice to indicate the limitation of the configuration data? We have around 700 MB of configuration data in our environment and it`s taking lot of time for the call routers & config loggers to come back up online after reboot and sometime ,the process even crashes.

Please advise.

Raj

I see. You raise a good point.

When you open SQL Management and see your _awdb, select, right click properties. What does it say for "Size" and "Space Available"?

If you really created a data file of 1GB but yet the space available indicates (say) that 300MB are available, then you are using 700MB.

That's what you are saying, correct?

That's pretty huge, because I am looking at a reasonable size config here with over 2500 call types, 2200 DNs, 500 Network VRU scripts, 1000 skill groups, 1000 agents, 400 scheduled scripts, 650 scripts and so on - and it uses just over 100MB.

Are you keeping lots of old copies of scripts. That really eats up space, because the data for the script is kept in the DB in a blob.

Man, that is huge.

Does anyone else want to chime in with a big AWDB. I know there are some huge installs out there with over 10,000 agents or so.

Regards,

Geoff

My latest project has a couple thousand agents, ~5000, ~200 call types, ~150 skill groups, and our db is 75 megs. So, yeah 700 seems like a very very very big configuration.

david

Thanks for adding your perspective, David. Something seems odd with the original poster's config.

Regards,

Geoff

Hey Thanks for your valuable response on this guys. I have the below mentioned size information from the AWDB:

Size : 1007.50 MB

Space Available : 294.59 MB

And yes ,we do have lot of config & old scripts in the DB and the reason being all the objects are created atleast in two peripherals for the redundandancy purposes. Just wanted to get your expertise comments on the recommended configuration size according to any documentation. COuld really appreciate if you guys could direct me to such documentations.

Raj

Attached the screenshot of AWDB properties.

Delete all your old scripts. They are a waste of space.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: