cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Group Issue

danielnunes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WiSM configured with the same mobility group name and all pre-reqs are ok but the roaming does not works and the client lost connection when change of access-point.

I saw that RF-group are diferents and bootloader version is diferent too.

Does any one Know if bootloader and RF-group diferent can be the reason for that.

thanks a lot

4 Replies 4

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

An incorrect or incomplete mobility group configuration should be the most common reason for your problem. In order to overcome this, you need to ensure that your WiSM mobility group is configured correctly as follows:

The mobility group name configured must be the same on all the controllers that belong to a particular mobility group. This mobility group name is case sensitive.

The mobility group members list configured on each controller needs to contain all the controllers of that particular mobility group.

These configurations ensure that the failover occurs seamlessly and also that when the primary controller comes back on, the previously registered APs fall back to it.

Folks,

My mobility group does not working because the Time Server ís diferent in every controller.

The first controller was 7 hours shifted on the second controller.

After I fix it, roaming on mobility group start working.

thanks a lot

That is interesting... Thanks for sharing ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I was wondering, i think that Controller is right, because how can it make a roaming of the a LAP at 02:00 to other LAP in other controller at 09:00 for example. I think it's make a sense.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card