unity silly question number 650101

Unanswered Question
Sep 15th, 2009

Is there a way in unity to separate tenants. I know I can have separate call handlers and the rest. but can you divide up the directory so they are unknown to each other.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Wed, 09/16/2009 - 06:06

Hi Bill,

Not silly at all my friend. Have you looked into this setup?

Partitioning Subscriber Accounts for Message Addressing by

Phone

Cisco Unity allows you to partition subscriber accounts into separate groups to restrict who they can

address messages to and who they can add to distribution lists, when they do so by phone.

To partition accounts, you define message addressing search scopes by associating subscribers with

directory handlers.

Partitioning Subscriber Accounts for Message Addressing by Phone

By default, search scopes are defined for the system by the addressing option settings for the primary

location that is configured for the Cisco Unity server. The option settings allow you to restrict message

addressing to the global directory (all subscribers), to all subscribers in a dialing domain, or to all

subscribers on the local Cisco Unity server.

When you associate subscribers with directory handlers, you can have Cisco Unity restrict their message

addressing search scopes to the search option that is selected for the directory handler. The search option

specified can be a dialing domain, the local Cisco Unity server, a location, a class of service or a public

distribution list.

This can be useful for setting up a multi-tenant system where there is a need to prevent subscribers in

one group from sending messages to subscribers in another group.

For example, if your organization needs to partition subscriber accounts into two groups such that

subscribers in each group cannot address messages to subscribers in the other group, do the following

tasks in order:

1. Create a separate class of service for each group.

2. Create a separate directory handler for each group for which the Search In options are set to a

different one of the two classes of service that you created in task 1.

3. Create separate subscriber templates, and associate each template with a different one of the two

directory handlers that you created in task 2.

4. Use the two templates to create the two groups of subscribers.

Note Changes to settings in a template do not affect any existing subscriber accounts that were based on that

template. After you create subscribers, you cannot use a template to modify them.

Alternatively, if the subscriber accounts already exist and are members of separate public distribution

lists, you can associate a different directory handler with each distribution list, then use the Bulk Edit

utility to associate each group of subscribers with the applicable directory handler.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag210e.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion