Views
Helpful
Replies

SBCS 1.6, CCA 2.1 and UC520 load?

finalconnect
Level 3
Level 3

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-10361

I followed the link in the above document but when I get to the UC520 software loads section, there is not a new version of the UC520 software. The older 7.0.3 software is still posted as the most recent. I am probably reading the post incorrectly, but I expected to see new software with version 7.1 on the download link. I was able to pull CCA 2.1, and we'll be giving that a go soon.

Thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Scroll all the way down.  Its there.....  :-)))))

Hiding  :-)

SW_EA.bmp

View solution in original post

Hi Michael,

So this is in fact an EA Pack for UC520 so you can enjoy the new phones primarily (SPA5xx).  The Default Release / Factory release will come closer to Mid October for UC520.

The UC540 Launched today and I just asked Saurabh when the UC540-7.1.3.zip will be posted and he said very soon...

Do you have the new phones to try?  If not, perhaps wait for the default release....

Steve

The Early Adopter Software Pack is supported on UC 520 and CCA. Please note that the Early Adopter Software Pack bundles latest Software and Hardware features available in point product releases (IOS software, Voicemail software, Phone firmware, etc). Since CCA may not support all the new features, the pack is not tested in detail with CCA. However, the features that are already supported in CCA function just fine. Both, the Early Adopter Software Pack and the Default Software Packs are supported by our support team.

Thanks,

Saurabh

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Scroll all the way down.  Its there.....  :-)))))

Hiding  :-)

SW_EA.bmp

I saw that, but it is still an early adopter release? From the original post I assumed (which we know can mean @$$ u me) that release was moving up to standard software pack since it will soon be bundled into the manufactured releases of my fututre favorite product UC540!

I don't like gambling with the EA since TAC errr..... small business support won't typically support it (I have evidence to back).

Thanks again.

Hi Michael,

So this is in fact an EA Pack for UC520 so you can enjoy the new phones primarily (SPA5xx).  The Default Release / Factory release will come closer to Mid October for UC520.

The UC540 Launched today and I just asked Saurabh when the UC540-7.1.3.zip will be posted and he said very soon...

Do you have the new phones to try?  If not, perhaps wait for the default release....

Steve

finalconnect
Level 3
Level 3

TO ALL READING THIS POST - I WANT TO CLARIFY MY POSITION.

After re-reading my post, I appear to have blasted the SBCS support unit to which my company has no experience to date. I want to apologize to that unit and clarify my position. SORRY SBCS SUPPORT TEAM - I did not mean to blast you on the post.

What I am trying to state is as follows:

I'm just referencing past experience with PDI and  TAC that the first response after recommending a reboot is to be on the latest General release of the software. If Cisco establishes a policy that they will fully support EA releases, I have no problem putting it on a customer installation, but until that occurs, I have to live with general releases being the customer facing software. With that, if the general release has a major bug impacting a deployment, I need to defer that deployment until the fix becomes general release. I understand that EA is for teasting and verification of bug fixes and that it should be used internally only.

Thanks all, and you are welcome to blast me back!

The Early Adopter Software Pack is supported on UC 520 and CCA. Please note that the Early Adopter Software Pack bundles latest Software and Hardware features available in point product releases (IOS software, Voicemail software, Phone firmware, etc). Since CCA may not support all the new features, the pack is not tested in detail with CCA. However, the features that are already supported in CCA function just fine. Both, the Early Adopter Software Pack and the Default Software Packs are supported by our support team.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Thank you. Just for clarification. The EA release is supported in a customer environment via the standard support channels?

An expectation needs to be set that the Early Adopter Software Pack is not thoroughly tested with CCA and there could be a defect with some of the features (less likely to happen but since it is not completely tested we must set the expectation right).

Thanks,
Saurabh

I understand the CCA position. Thank you.

I am more concerned with operational issues over deployment issues. We can still (until Cisco takes it away) work around CCA deployment issues using CLI, but I'm more concerned with the discovery of an operational bug after deployment of the EA release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: