cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config Archive (bug ??)

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I have configured transport protocol to use to use telnet and/or ssh for config fetch/archive. I'm seeing thousand of failed ssh connection attempt in the log for several devices that only have telnet enabled. I remeber there were bugs in LMS2.6 (CSCso57052 andCSCsq76462), I need to know if these bugs are fixed. Am I hitting the same bug or is there a new bug for this problem? I'm running LMS 3.0.1 on Solaris 10.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Both of these bugs are fixed in LMS 3.2 (the former is also fixed in RME LMS 3.1). You are seeing CSCsq76462 with the connection attempts messages in the logs. In RME 4.3, SSH will be tried first, and if that fails, RME will fallback to telnet, but the log will not be spammed with the failure attempt messages (unless debugging is enabled).

Is there any work around in RME 4.1.1? My LMS3.2 ship date is in late September and my log files are filling up like crazy, yesterday I emptied about 90gig of worthless data.

There is no workaround, but patches are available from TAC. However, you can download LMS 3.2 from http://www.cisco.com/go/lms .

NO, this link only upto has LMS 3.0 available.

LMS 3.2 is there. See the link to Download Evaluation Software? Click on that, and you can download LMS 3.2. If you install a 3.2 eval on top of a licensed 3.x, you will get a licensed 3.2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: