Views
Helpful
Replies

redistribution and route-maps

LucaSalvatore_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a bunch of routers setup in a lab running EIGRP and BGP.

Currently the two routers that are BGP neighbours redistribute the BGP routes into some of the other routers in the network.

I only want one router in my network to receive the redistributed BGP routes. I thought i could do this with a route map... This is what I have configured

router eigrp 1

redistribute bgp 65000 metric 2048 10 255 1 1500 route-map deny-to-r6

route-map deny_to_r6 permit 10

match ip address routing_updates

ip access-list extended routing_updates

permit ip any host 10.1.1.1

permit ip any host 10.2.2.1

deny ip any any log

So I thought this should permit the redistributed BGP routes to 10.1.1.1 and 10.2.2.1 (this is the same router, just two different interfaces) and deny them everywhere else.

However when i apply this command, no routes get redistributed at all.

So i must be missing something.... any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your ACL should be as followed:

ip access-list standard routing_updates

permit host 10.1.1.1

permit host 10.2.2.1

HTH,

__

Edison.

hmmm that didn't change anything... the extended ACL does the same thing doesn't it?

Reading your original post once again, I believe there is a misunderstanding. You don't redistribute to a destination router by including the host information in the route-map - you redistribute from one routing protocol to another while using the route-map to match on routes that are needed to be redistributed.

The logic that I thought you wanted to implement was to redistribute 2 host routes from BGP into EIGRP. It seems you want to redistribute all BGP routes into EIGRP but to have a destination of those 2 devices? It does not work like that. Once you bring those routes into the IGP, all other routers running the IGP will receive the route unless you filter it at ingress.

__

Edison.

ah I understand. Will give it a shot.

THanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card