cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2

arun
Level 1
Level 1

unexpectedly i received too many false alerts from DFM module.what might be the cause? plese help.

Note:NOServer process is running normally

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You receive false notifications, or false events in the DFM Alerts and Activities Display, or both? What are the specific details of these events/notifications? How do you know they are false?

yes, i am seeing false events in the DFM alerts and activities display.

getting too many utilization and reachabilty aletrs when they are really wrkng normally.

Post the details of one such alert.

Alerts and activities window's screenshot has been attached. It shows all the alerts as active when they really not.

Pick one which you feel is wrong, and click on the alert ID. Look at the events within the alert, and determine which one of those is wrong. Click on one of the event IDs, and post those details.

same has been attached...

Okay. What this event says is that interface BVI17 on device 10.81.6.11 has IP address 10.81.17.11, and this IP is not responding to pings. Confirm that the LMS server can actually ping this IP address. If not, consider fixing that, or unmanaging this IP address in the Detailed Device View under DFM > Device Management > Device Details.

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

unmanaging ip address will fix only this alert. But i am getting too many false alerts as i said(from all the devices). i am trying to find solution for that. please help.

If this same thing is happening for multiple devices, you will need to unmanage those addresses as well. If you bring up the Detailed Device View on one device, you'll notice a link for bulk management/unmanagement instructions. Click on that link, then follow the instructions to unmanage a large number of addresses at once.

ok. what would be the solution for high error rate, high broadcast rate, high utilization alerts. should i unmange the interfaces?

No. The default thresholds may be too low for your environment. If the network is working within your acceptable baseline, then consider increasing the thresholds in DFM under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: