Is it possible to have more than one IP Phone Device Firmware load on the FTP folder? Everytime I upload a different firmware load, the previous version is overwritten. I need to have 2 different loads at the same time and upgrade some specific phones with old firmware versions that doesn't support a direct upgrade to the latest version that I am using.
Thanks in advanced.
These are the instructions on upgrading. You will then need to go to administration and change the default phone load back to the old load. You can verify that multiple loads exist via TFTP Management.
For Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 (and later), you must do all software installations and upgrades by using the Software Upgrades menu options. The system can upload and process only software that Cisco Systems approved. You cannot install or use third-party or Windows-based software applications that you may have been using with a previous version of Cisco Unified CallManager with Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0.
1. Using your web browser, login to the Cisco Unified OS Administration web page
2. Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.
3. Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section for the file you downloaded above, and click Next.
4. In the Available Software drop-down box, select the file you downloaded above, and click Next.
5. After validating the MD5 has the correct value, click Next.
6. In the Warning box, verify you have selected the correct firmware, then click Install.
7. Check that you received a Success message.
8. Login to Cisco Unified CM Serviceability web page.
9. Under the Tools menu, select Control Center - Feature Services.
10. Select the Cisco Tftp service, and click on the Restart button.