Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor agent reskilling

fabien.damien
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i'm installing the client admin workstation on the supervisors' desktops, the setup completes successfully. However when i log in using a supervisor account and run the configuration manager i get the attached error.I tried to add the supervisor to the local admin group with no resolution.

Please advise,

thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The Client AW connects to the Distributor AW. Make sure the Distributor is running. If it is, you can watch the rtdist window on the Distributor as you try to start the Config Tool on the Client AW. You should see the connection notification with the IP address of the Client AW as it connects. If you don't see this, check your Client AW setup again.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Dav,

this is what i'm getting in the Rtdist log.

15:31:59 Client at [fabien-lab]/[192.168.6.64] disconnected.

15:32:09 Client at [fabien-lab]/[192.168.6.64] disconnected.

15:32:19 Client at [fabien-lab]/[192.168.6.64] disconnected.

15:34:26 Client at [fabien-lab]/[192.168.6.64] disconnected.

15:34:49 Client at [fabien-lab]/[192.168.6.64] disconnected.

And 192.168.6.64 is the IP address of the Client AW?

Turn up the trace and what do you see? It seems OK, on the surface of things. It shows the client disconnecting although the spacing looks odd. Disconnect at 31:59, then disconnect 10s later and again 10s later. With high level of trace set, you should see the connections as well.

I assume your client AW is a member of the ICM domain and you are logged in on the domain as the Administrator?

Regards,

Geoff

Guys,

there was a version mismatch, upgraded and now it's working fine.

cheers :)

Yeah, that'll do it. Good stuff.

Why don't you post here how you determined the mismatch? Could help another punter down the track.

Regards,

Geoff

just by logical troubleshooting :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: